Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pounds happier

I can't sleep. My eyes are constantly tearing. My nose is constantly running. And my head is throbbing. Oh, and the nose? It's not a thick clogged up thing. It's a watery thing, wherein if I bend over slightly, my nose resembles a faucet, and you follow me, I'm sure.


Since I'm up late with nothing but my cinnabon flavored decaf coffee to keep my company (in my super cute starbucks "coffee in every language" mug) I thought I'd take this time to do a little pictoral comparison. Cause Meg did, and I thought 100 pounds lost deserves a little before and after. Shall we?

Click on the images to enlarge them.


the day of my WL surgery. My absolute highest weight of 333 pounds.


I know this is an odd picture, but it is one of the only full body shots I have. forgive the random weirdness of the other people. I'm on the front left, as if you couldn't tell.


These are from our Mission trip to Ukraine, which happened to occur almost exactly one year ago.


One year ago...this was me. :)

Now, one year later...this is me. Give or take a hundred pounds.









I wish I could thank each person individually who supported me in this journey, but I'll have to settle for a blanket "thank you" and trying to snag each moment of gratitude as it comes. For without a doubt, no man is an island, and we do none of this alone. We do indeed get by with a little help from our friends!

Some days, when I get discouraged, I think I'll take a wander over to this post and see how far I've come instead of lamenting on how far I have to go still. I'm over halfway to my goal! I've got roads to travel and pounds to shed, but I'm so much healthier and pounds and pounds happier.

3 comments:

Kim H. said...

I just love you... your words and outlook are always so bright! I wish that I felt a fraction of your spark!

You look absolutely stunning Lace, and I am so proud of you! You really ought to put the picture of you on the steps next to one of you today... and holy cow!!

Anonymous said...

LACY!!! You look AMAZING!!!!!!!

!!!!!!

!!

!

Ok. PLUS, I looove your outfit in your newest pictures. Those shoes are so cute!

You look like a million bucks. No, TWO million. THREE!

Seriously, what a huge different. Go girl!

KJ said...

You look so amazingly beautiful! I just posted pretty much your last paragraph on my blog in giving a pre-op some pointers on what worked for me. My mind has trouble catching up to my body, but the pictures sure tell the truth, don't they? I love seeing how far we have all come.