Friday, October 3, 2008

Anxiety

Well, tomorrow is the big day. A little caravan of folksies, including me, my hubs, my gal pal, and another friend is headed to Sandusky to ride the rides at Cedar Point amusement park. I've passed the 100 pounds lost threshold, and will be thusly rewarded with a day getting sick to my stomach, and whirling around on mechanical cars.

Here's the thing though...I'm still kinda terrified that my large ass won't fit in the seats. And, perhaps the seat belts won't buckle. AND, what if my big fat tummy insists on making it impossible for the lap bar to come down? I mean, I'm still overweight. I'm still obese according to the BMI charts! I'm barely fitting in the teen sizes and I'm sliding by a tiny margin into 229 lbs. GAH!

It's not that it would devastate me to have to miss out on a couple coasters, but I'm envisioning pain and agony trying to squeeze myself into every ride.

My vision of how much I weigh, and how large I am seems to be doing the opposite of what my body is really doing. The smaller I get, the larger I feel. I probably wouldn't have thought too much about it at a larger weight, but now? I'm paranoid and terrified. Not to mention, Cedar Point seems to be notorious about prohibiting larger riders from tight fits...oh the agony.

Have I come this far only to be rejected because of my size again? I guess I'll let you know tomorrow when I get home...pray for me, peeps. I need to have some victory here.

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

When honestly was the last time you went, can you remember? Do you remember what size you were then? Are you smaller now?

I wish I could help you kiddo, but I really think that you'll be pleasantly surprised at how different things will be this time around.

You've lost 100 POUNDS! Hang in there - I know how scary it must be... I completely get it, but I can't wait to hear that it turned out perfectly!

KJ said...

The suspense is killing me, Lacy!!

I just nominated you for an award, so check out my blog if you want to play along!